Coronavirus (COVID-19) awareness
This course is for anybody who wants to know more about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, the routes of transmission and what can be done to prevent the spread further.
Covid-19 is a new strain of coronavirus, which is a group of common respiratory viruses that cause flu-like symptoms and in rare cases, it can be fatal. It first appeared in late 2019. In 2020, it has become a significant global public health emergency.
Our Coronavirus course is designed to help individuals understand how they can help prevent the spread of the virus. It outlines:
- The importance of good hygiene, primarily proper hand washing, cleaning surfaces, respiratory etiquette, and social distancing.
- How to keep up to date with the latest public health and travel advice.
- When and how you should self-isolate.
The course also covers some of the common misconceptions that are circulating about Covid-19. The content of the course is based on advice issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the National Health Service (NHS), the Health Service Executive (HSE), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP).
Who's it for?
This course can be delivered to anybody who would like to know more about the infection, how to protect themselves and others.
This course aims to:
- Outline the signs and symptoms of Covid-19
- Describe how Covid-19 spreads
- Explain how you can help stop the spread of Covid-19